1. If making a vegan egg, combine 1 tbsp flax meal with 3 tbsp warm water and let sit for 5 minutes. If not, skip to step 2!
2. In a standing mixer, combine the flours, salt, and coconut oil. Let a crumbly dough come together, then add in the pure maple syrup and egg until the dough forms into a ball. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
3. Grease your 9" pie pan with coconut oil, then take your dough out of the fridge and roll it out to approximately 1/4" thick. Place it in the pie pan and form your edges. We love this article for pie design ideas and instructions!
4. At this point, you can pour your favorite filling in and bake as instructed. Once you've poured your filling in the crust, make sure to either use a pie shield or aluminum foil to protect the crust from burning.
5. The most important step, enjoy your delicious pie!
...and if you want to make your holiday easy, we can just make one for you!