Chocolate Easter Eggs
You know those addicting Reese's Easter Eggs that come around this time of year? Well I think we cracked the code on a health-ified version of these, that still taste delicious!
Ingredients you will need for 8 eggs...
For the filling:
For the chocolate layer:
Honey Lavender Latte
We recently launched a house-made Honey Lavender syrup at the shop and it has been all the rage! Made simply with (you guessed it!), raw honey and fresh lavender. We don't need to overcomplicate it with the refined sugar and chemical-laden coffee syrups. Make your own at home with this recipe and even add it to cookies, matcha - anything you desire!
To make the syrup...
Simmer together in a pan for 1.5 hours, 1 cup filtered water, 1 cup raw honey, and 1/2 cup fresh lavender flowers/buds. Once simmered, pour over sifter/colander with small holes to get the lavender out. If you do not have one of these items, you can always just sift the lavender out with a spoon - more time consuming, but effective and worth it for this delicious syrup!
To make the latte...
Add 2 tbsp honey lavender syrup to either 2 shots of espresso or 4 oz strongly brewed coffee. Mix, then add frothed milk of choice for a hot drink, or cold milk of choice for an iced latte. Enjoy!
Creamy Hot Chocolate
Makes 1 cup
What you'll need...
1 cup milk (any kind)
2 tbsp raw cacao powder
2 tbsp pure maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Add all ingredients to a small pot on medium heat and whisk until frothy and warm. Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy!
Makes 8-12 pieces
What you'll need...
2 cups finely chopped chocolate (your favorite kind!)
1 cup almond butter (or any kind of nut butter)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/8 tsp sea salt
Optional: add in nuts, candy cane pieces, pretzels, etc.
Add all ingredients to a saucepan and melt together until smooth. Line a loaf pan (for thicker fudge) or 8x8 pan (for thinner fudge) with parchment paper and pour batter in. Freeze for at least 3 hours, slice, and enjoy!
1. If making a vegan egg, combine 1 tbsp flax meal with 3 tbsp warm water and let sit for 5 minutes. If not, skip to step 2!
2. In a standing mixer, combine the flours, salt, and coconut oil. Let a crumbly dough come together, then add in the pure maple syrup and egg until the dough forms into a ball. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
3. Grease your 9" pie pan with coconut oil, then take your dough out of the fridge and roll it out to approximately 1/4" thick. Place it in the pie pan and form your edges. We love this article for pie design ideas and instructions!
4. At this point, you can pour your favorite filling in and bake as instructed. Once you've poured your filling in the crust, make sure to either use a pie shield or aluminum foil to protect the crust from burning.
5. The most important step, enjoy your delicious pie!
...and if you want to make your holiday easy, we can just make one for you!